Monday, October 24, 2011

Another Day, Another trip to the ER

I don't know what's going on but I just can't seem to stay well!  My "bacterial tonsillitis," which I thought had been cleared up, has now turned into something called "Quinsy."  Evidently, Quinsy is a peritonsillar abscess and is most common in TEENS.  Crazy that I would have it, particularly since I've never had any issues with my tonsils.  I went to the doctor yesterday morning and they sent me to the ER, where I spent 7 hours getting antibiotics and steroids pumped into my system.  I'm told I will most likely need a "procedure" to have my left tonsil drained in the next 24-36 hours.  I can hardly wait.  But I am feeling a bit better (and am able to eat) so I'm hopeful that it won't come to that. Surely yesterday's drugs combined with the 3 oral antibiotics I'm on will do the trick.
Oh, and remember how I've been complaining about parking?  Well, the hospital is no different.  I actually had to leave the ET (emergency triage) in between IVs to move my car (parked 3/4 mile away and the closest one i could find) to avoid a $500 ticket.
But, aside from my health and driving issues, I really do love it here.  More on that next time...
(PS - the All Blacks won the Rugby World Cup - hurray!  Perhaps Andy will now be home a bit more. . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment